TOU window shifted — TECO Energy didn't notify

Started by Mike S. — 6 years ago — 24 views
Had a breakthrough on a OG&E case this week. The TOU peak window on the bill doesn't match the current tariff definition. Sales tax is being charged even though the client has a valid exemption certificate on file.
Be careful with CenterPoint Energy's refund process — they sometimes try to limit the lookback period to 3 years.
Pro tip: ask for the billing determinant detail, not just the bill summary. The devil's in the details with Alabama Power.
Nice find. I've started using a Python script I wrote to cross-reference these calculations and it saves a ton of time.
This is exactly why I always pull 12+ months of history. The pattern wouldn't show in a shorter window.
Pro tip: ask for the billing determinant detail, not just the bill summary. The devil's in the details with Pacific Gas & Electric.